Performing UI audit
A hands-on workshop where you’ll understand how to use a UI audit when building a unified design system from an existing website.
We'll be reviewing an existing website which will provide us a solid base for setting up a roadmap for building a design system.
In the workshop, we will learn:
- basics of what are design systems,
- why is the UI audit an essential step in the process of building design system,
- which parts of the website are crucial to be audited and how does this selection affect the scope of a new design system,
- who should be included in an internal workshop when you decide to build a design system
- what tools can help to get useful data about colors or how to audit typography or spacing,
- how to use audit findings for setting the priorities of your next steps,
- how to present outputs of the UI audit to the stakeholders to get the buy-in for your design system.
Thursday, 2019-10-10 @ 14:00
Plaza Event Centar
> Duration: 4h
> Skill level: Elementary
> Ticket price: 500kn (~€66)
I started my professional career as a front-end developer in the biggest media company in the Czech Republic. Later, after some experience with leading a small team of developers, I moved to product management. During that time I realized that to be able to make important product decisions and set the right priorities for product features, I need to understand the users better. Since then I’ve been fully focusing on UX. This background and a passion for effectivity naturally led me to start building pattern libraries. Or – as we call them today – design systems. This is what brought me to Kiwi.com, the biggest Czech startup, and an online travel agency, where I lead a team building open-source design system Orbit.
To raise awareness about design systems in the local community, I started a meetup group Czech Design Systems, and we meet every month. I also provide mentoring and occasionally run workshops.
The organizer reserves the right to cancel the workshop in case of unforseen circumstances such as speaker illness. In this case the tickets will be fully refunded.
By buying a ticket you agree to follow our Code of Conduct.